Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Homecoming

This afternoon I returned from a business trip that had me out of town for almost a week. I was supposed to return yesterday but storms in the east resulted in the cancellation of almost all evening flights out of Charlotte Douglas International. My co-worker was able to make it to her final destination but I wasn't so lucky. Fortunately, I was able to get on a flight this morning (the airline originally re-booked me on a 10:30 p.m. flight!). And I was so glad to be home! It was a stressful, yet successful week, with my organization exceeding the fundraising goal that was set. This money will, among other things, help refugees in the Middle East and human trafficking victims in India and Thailand. I'm still amazed that I can be part of such important work.

I really enjoyed the sky this evening after yet another storm. I took several shots of the sunset and couldn't decide which was the best, so settled on this one (those faint white dots next to the barn are some of the goats settling down for the night):

No comments:

Post a Comment