Wednesday, January 4, 2017

{What I'm Reading}

Source

Often, the statement should be "What am I not reading" since I always seem to have multiple books going at once.  This year, I've decided to be a bit more focused about my reading. Usually, since I have access to so many books and audio-books (both physical and digital), I tend to be random and haphazard with my reading.

This is what 2017 should look like for me:

Morning Reading

I like to have 2-3 devotional-type books that I read every morning throughout the year as part of my ever-evolving morning routine. This year my books are:

  • Tranquilologie: A DIY Guide to Everyday Tranquility by Kimberly Wilson
  • The Intellectual Devotional:  Modern Culture by David S. Kidder and Noah D. Oppenheim
  • Eat Pretty Every Day: 365 Daily Inspirations for Nourishing Beauty, Inside and Out by Jolene Hart
Evening Reading

I've committed to reading at least 4 books each month (although I always read far more than that). I've decided to read one book in each of the following categories in order to keep me from falling into my default mode where I only read suspense/mystery books. (I fell into this habit a couple of years ago when I needed a break from the negative and serious matters of the world.) The categories are:

  • Suspense/Mystery
  • Chick Lit or Other Novel
  • Self-Improvement, Biography or Oher Non-Fiction
  • History or Culture
You can see that I've made sure I have plenty of escapism as well as food to feed my brain. Throughout the year, I'll share the books that make the biggest impact on me.

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment