Saturday, January 14, 2017

{What I'm Doing}

This time of year, one of my favorite things to do is to set up my "nest" ("nid" in French). That is where I curl up on my sofa and either spend time on  my morning routine or relax for the evening with a good book and a glass of wine or cup of tea.

For my morning routine, I settle in with a basket that contains my journal, my morning devotional books, my planner, my personal/household notebook, my pencil pouch, and some other items, and light a soy candle.


In the evening, I take a shower, slip into something comfortable, curl up on the sofa with my evening beverage, and pick up where I left off in my current book.

 Yesterday, I bought a heated throw to make my winter nesting even more comfy and luxurious. Oh bliss! I'm so cold natured and have tried a variety of strategies to keep warm in the wintertime - everything from microwavable packs that I make, to Ugg boots that stay on my feet most of my waking hours. Despite these steps and also keeping our house pretty warm, I still suffer from the cold. But this has all changed. I'm already in love with my throw and don't know how I survived without one. It's perfect for this time of year. Bring on the snow days and subfreezing temperatures - I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment