Sunday, December 31, 2017

{A Return}

It looks like I fell of the edge of the earth. Life was funny this year and my good intentions ended up being shelved.

I have so missed blogging - and the wonderful community that surrounds it! I feel as if I have been in hibernation for a year and I am now ready to emerge.

This year has been a busy one for me:

  • I've been occupied with my second year of full-time work at a nonprofit organization. The first year was extremely stressful; the second was spent getting my "legs" and building confidence. I've also had to create an entire new routine so that none of the balls in my personal and professional lives got dropped. Quite a challenge!
  • My hubby and I started doing weekly adventures, day trips in our area where we've discovered some interesting and amazing things. We're  history buffs so it has been a blessing for both of us. We spent far too much time focusing on serious things, like building our business over the last few years, so this year has been fun!
  • I was able to visit France (and Paris!) yet again - my fourth trip! I saw Chagall's ceiling in the Garnier opera house, visited Monet's water lilies, and toured the chateaus in the Loire Valley - total bliss!
The fourth quarter is my most favorite time of year - a time when I look forward to a fresh slate and so many plans! Part of my planning is to update my morning routine and to select what I call  my "devotionals" - daily inspirational reading. These are the books I've chosen to travel with in 2018:


I still have my morning basket as well, although I'm trying to streamline it some (still work to do!):


After reading The Desire Map a couple of years ago, I started using a word or words to guide me throughout the year. This year it was refine. For the coming year, I've decided to keep that word as it was a good guide and to add three more words:  savor, focus, and bloom

I am so excited about using this space again and looking forward to 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment