Monday, January 29, 2018

{Music}

Yesterday I attended a classical concert with my husband and another couple. The performers are a married couple (pianist and violinist) who are amazingly talented musicians and whom we were fortunate to have as farm customers for a few years until they moved to another community. Of course, when we saw they would be performing in our area again, we were excited to see them.

Despite the fact that I studied violin as a child, I'm completely lost when it comes to most classical music. And I'm one of those people who needs to hear a piece more than once in order to really enjoy it. I'm just not very musically inclined; one reason I stopped playing.

For this concert, I decided I needed to be prepared. I spent some time researching the music they would play, found performances of those pieces on YouTube, and then created a playlist of those videos. During quiet times  at work, I would listen to the videos to familiarize myself with the piece. I even did a bit of research on the composers and the pieces and it really helped me to enjoy the concert. Our local symphony will be performing in March and I'm going to do the same since this helped me so much.

This is one of the pieces we heard yesterday - beautiful and simple - but very challenging for the performers and the listeners. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment